Section I: Use a mention such as the IRWA ( World Wide Web. irwaonline. org ) to reply the inquiry below. Mention your mention. ( commendation is deserving 2 points )
1. What is a right-of-way? ( 4 points )
Full Definition of RIGHT-OF-WAY: a legal right of transition over another person’s land
a: the country over which a right-of-way exists
B: the strip of land over which is built a public route
degree Celsiuss: the land occupied by a railway particularly for its chief line vitamin D: the land used by a public public-service corporation ( as for a transmittal line )
hypertext transfer protocol: //www. merriam-webster. com/dictionary/right-of-way
Section II: Using the RIGHT OF WAY Manual for the metropolis of Burleson. Texas available in physician sharing and from the Week 4 iLab page. reply the inquiries below. ( Each inquiry is deserving 3 points. subdivision of the manual is deserving 2 points )
1. May we dig a trench across the metropolis street shown in this lab? ( 3 points ) What section/sections in the ROW manual for the metropolis of Burleson. Texas are relevant for this inquiry? ( 2 points )
Yes. Section 3. 3 and 3. 6
2. Who issues the license for this work? Is this a local or province bureau? ( 3 points ) What section/sections in the ROW manual for the metropolis of Burleson. Texas are relevant for this inquiry? ( 2 points )
Department of Engineering Services. Section 3. 2
3. Must we submit building programs to the metropolis? If so. how many and to what entity are they submitted? ( 3 points ) What section/sections in the ROW manual for the metropolis of Burleson. Texas are relevant for this inquiry? ( 2 points )
Yes programs must be submitted to the section of technology. Sections 3. 2 and 3. 3
4. Once the license is issued. how long must we wait before get downing work? How long do you hold MAXIMUM to get down work? ( 3 points ) What section/sections in the ROW manual for the metropolis of Burleson. Texas are relevant for this inquiry? ( 2 points )
Once a building license is issued. permittee shall give the Department of Engineering Services a minimal notice of 48 hours prior to get downing work so that a City of Burleson inspector may be assigned. ( Section 4 ) Construction must get down no subsequently than 90 yearss after license is issued by the section of technology services. unless otherwise extended ( Section 3. 2 ) .
5. How deep must any overseas telegrams be buried? ( 3 points ) What section/sections in the ROW manual for the metropolis of Burleson. Texas are relevant for this inquiry? ( 2 points )
If there is a possible struggle. the location of the city’s fiber ocular overseas telegrams and communicating lines. The applier should reach the Information Services Department at ( 817 ) 447-5400 ex 293.
6. What are the exact elaborate compression demands as listed in the manual provided by the metropolis for Restoration of any surface that is trenched? When do compression of trenches have to happen? What are the backfill to be made of? ( 3 points ) What section/sections in the ROW manual for the metropolis of Burleson. Texas are relevant for this inquiry? ( 2 points )
( Section 4. 4 C ) and ( Section 4. 5 )
Trenchs excavated to ease operation shall be backfilled and compacted instantly after work is completed. or the dullard cavities or trenches shall be secured adequately to protect the populace. Unless appropriate steps are taken to protect the populace from unfastened trenches or dullard cavities. . backfill of all trenches and dullard it’s within the right of manner shall get down instantly following installing of the new installation in conformity with the attached elaborate and the undermentioned demands. ( Appropriate steps include roadblocks. building fence or steel home bases. or alternate protections. as approved by the Director ) .
1. All loose concrete. stones. roots. rubbish and other dust shall be removed from the digging prior to any backfill being placed. 2. Backfill material shall dwell of the native stuff obtained from the street digging unless. in the sentiment of the Director. this stuff is unsuitable for usage. 3. All backfill stuff shall be compacted in lifts of loose deepness non transcending 8 inches and compacted to at least 95 % of Standard Proctor Density at optimal wet content. +/- two per centum points. a determined by ASTM D698 or supply the City with suited advanced engineering compression proving methods. as approved by the Director. 4. Alternatively of backfilling with excavated stuff. the contractor may backfill with flowable backfill stuff.
In add-on. the Director shall hold the authorization to necessitate any entity or contractor to utilize flowable fill to backfill an digging in the public right of manner in the involvement of continuing the public convenience or safety. Flowable type backfill shall hold compaction strength of 1500PSI. 5. The City may execute. or have performed. any material trial on compression. The permittee shall advise the metropolis inspector 24 hours prior to completion of backfill. The metropolis shall pay for the first tst at a specific location. The permittee shall incur the cost of extra testing as a consequence of failed trials at a specific location. 6. If the trials on the backfill do non run into the above demands. the backfill shall be considered unacceptable and shall be removed and replaced. The permittee shall bear the cost of all corrections and subsequent testing if the backfill is deemed unacceptable.
7. Is the company we hire to make the work required to be registered in any manner? If so. what registrations or enfranchisements are accepted? ( 3 points ) What section/sections in the ROW manual for the metropolis of Burleson. Texas are relevant for this inquiry? ( 2 points )
Yes. for any work within the province right of manner. the public service supplier shall. upon petition from the City. supply to the Department of Engineering Services grounds of license from the province. ( Section 3. 2 )
8. When is intervention with traffic flow allowed? ( 3 points ) What section/sections in the ROW manual for the metropolis of Burleson. Texas are relevant for this inquiry? ( 2 points )
( Section 3. 5 ) Any work that may impact traffic flow or consequence in lane closing n streets will necessitate a traffic control program and the closings shall follow with the most current edition of The Texas manual on unvarying traffic control devices. The permittee shall bespeak on the license application if a lane closing is required.
9. During what hours may work non be done? ( 3 points )
What section/sections in the ROW manual for the metropolis of Burleson. Texas are relevant for this inquiry? ( 2 points )
( Section 3. 5 ) Angstrom permitte shall non do or let intervention with traffic flow on any street included in the Thoroughfare Plan Map during the hours of 7:00 a. m. through 8:30 a. m. and 4:30 p. m. through 6:00 p. m. Monday through Friday.
Section III: Expression at the “Best Practices for Fixing a RFP” papers available in doc sharing or from the Week 4 ilab page and reply the inquiries below. ( This papers was created by Faulkner Information Services and downloaded from the DeVry library database. )
1. This papers is a tutorial prepared to assist IT professionals work on RFPs if they have non worked with them in the yesteryear. Write a paragraph of at least 10 sentences that outline what you learned when reading this papers that you did non cognize and you will necessitate to see when composing your RFP? ( 5 points )
2. What in your head are some of the grounds RFPs are successful and some grounds they fail? ( 2 points )
3. Would you see utilizing online or automated RFP development tools from an outside seller? Why or why non? ( 2 points )
4. How will you work to put up the hardware and package requirement parts of an RFP? ( 2 points )
5. When sing Business demands and undertaking sphere. were there surprises in this papers that you were non cognizant had to be addressed in a successful RFP? ( 2 points )
6. How will you work to find a short list of providers for your RFP? ( 2 points )
Section IV: Using the RFI templet available in physician sharing and from the Week 4 iLab page. reply the inquiries below.
1. Look at the templet provided as an illustration by Sourcing for OEM World Wide Web. sourcing4oem. com that is available in physician sharing. How would utilizing a templet as a start to making an RFP or RFI aid you with this occupation? ( 2 points )
2. Can you make a complete RFP or RFI without look intoing the concern or proficient demands for the undertaking? How will you utilize the sellers expertise to assist you make a complete and on-time and on-budget undertaking installing? ( 2 points )
3. What do you believe about sellers assisting make the RFP and RFI particularly if you are working with a company that has a little IT staff or does non hold anyone with the expertness to work on a new engineering? ( 2 points )
4. Is this procedure more complicated that you thought it would be? ( 2 points )